Tualatin-Sherwood Rd: Martinazzi Ave to I-5
The purpose of the project is to improve intersections and safety to address traffic issues at this location, while also improving pedestrian and bicycle safety. Traffic currently gets congested in the right lane as people use it to get to both northbound and southbound I-5. The project includes several strategic changes to improve predictability and safety for everyone:
- Restripe existing lanes for smoother traffic flow onto I-5 north and south, and Nyberg St.
- Reduce the planted median to provide a third eastbound lane (and shorter traffic lines in the other lanes).
- Install new signage to help drivers find the best lane to use.
- Move the bike lane on the south side of Nyberg St next to the curb; add a bike crossing of the on-ramp to southbound I-5.
- Improve the biking connection between Tualatin-Sherwood Rd and the Tualatin River Greenway by adding buffered bike lanes and new signage on Boones Ferry Rd. This is as an alternative route to biking on Tualatin-Sherwood Rd and Nyberg St.