Tualatin Rd: Sweek Dr to Community Park
This project will improve pedestrian safety and access along Tualatin Road leading to Community Park. The project will include an upgraded midblock crosswalk with a pedestrian activated flashing beacon and additional sidewalk improvements to provide safer access to Community Park for pedestrians.
City volunteer and community advocate Andrew.
What We Heard
According to the Tualatin Rd: Sweek to Community Park August 2020 Survey, the top five safety concerns are:
- Safe Crossing / Crosswalk Visibility
- Pedestrian Safety
- Non-Compliance at Crosswalks
- Speeding (tie)
- Railroad Crossing is Unsafe (tie)
The top five improvements are:
- Safer crosswalk
- Wider sidewalk
- Safer railroad crossing
- Slower traffic
- Separation/buffer from bicycles and cars
According to respondents of the Tualatin Rd: Sweek to Community Park December 2020 Follow-Up Survey, the preferred sidewalk improvements should be:
- Over 75% prefer the South Alternative.
- 17% prefer the North Alternative.
- 8% do not like either option.
According to respondents of the Tualatin Rd: Sweek to Community Park March 2021 Median Design Survey respondents preferred the following:
- 57% prefer low-growing vegetation
- 36% prefer concrete
- 21% would like the median design to be similar to the existing plantings