Tualatin Rd: Sweek Dr to Community Park
This project will improve pedestrian safety and access along Tualatin Road leading to Community Park. The project will include an upgraded midblock crosswalk with a pedestrian activated flashing beacon and additional sidewalk improvements to provide safer access to Community Park for pedestrians.
What We Heard
According to the Tualatin Rd: Sweek to Community Park August 2020 Survey, the top five safety concerns are:
- Safe Crossing / Crosswalk Visibility
- Pedestrian Safety
- Non-Compliance at Crosswalks
- Speeding (tie)
- Railroad Crossing is Unsafe (tie)
The top five improvements are:
- Safer crosswalk
- Wider sidewalk
- Safer railroad crossing
- Slower traffic
- Separation/buffer from bicycles and cars
According to respondents of the Tualatin Rd: Sweek to Community Park December 2020 Follow-Up Survey, the preferred sidewalk improvements should be:
- Over 75% prefer the South Alternative.
- 17% prefer the North Alternative.
- 8% do not like either option.
According to respondents of the Tualatin Rd: Sweek to Community Park March 2021 Median Design Survey respondents preferred the following:
- 57% prefer low-growing vegetation
- 36% prefer concrete
- 21% would like the median design to be similar to the existing plantings